Would you like to contribute to the safe use of medicines globally? We are looking for a product manager to take care of our WHODrug portfolio. You will help advance the science of pharmacovigilance.
Uppsala Monitoring Centre (UMC) advances the science of pharmacovigilance and inspires patient safety initiatives all over the world. As an independent, non-profit foundation, we engage stakeholders who share our vision of a world where patients and health providers make wise therapeutic decisions in their use of medicines. As a leader in the research and development of new scientific methods, we explore the benefits and harms of medicines for patients and offer products and services used by health authorities and the pharmaceutical industry worldwide. For more than 40 years, we have provided scientific leadership and operational support to the WHO Programme for International Drug Monitoring.
Demand for UMC products is growing, with more markets opening up and new opportunities emerging every day. We need another product manager with knowledge and experience in software development to help us keep pace with developments in emerging markets and align our product life cycle with different customer journeys and expectations.
In this role, you will focus on products in the WHODrug portfolio. Working closely with other team members, you will develop and maintain relationships with our customers to ensure a fit-for-purpose product offering. You will analyse their current and future needs and demands and, in that way, act as a bridge between the market and internal product owners. You will weigh risk, benefit and cost to maximise value for all stakeholders, including us. In terms of software development, you will add knowledge to the product team and leverage the use of AI as that is a relatively new but important application for the products in the portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
• Creating product offerings that meet internal requirements regarding the portfolio strategy and the needs of the customer. This includes setting and meeting customer satisfaction goals, defining product vision and road maps, working together with different stakeholders to create optimal solutions, and ensuring organisational buy-in and support.
• Managing priorities and driving the product development process. This includes preparing vision boards and other materials to support business development, interacting with the target group to develop requirements, and leading the product launch.
• Overseeing product maintenance to ensure customer satisfaction. This includes evaluating customer satisfaction, communicating findings, and analysing product improvement proposals.
• Collaborate with the product specialist and product owner to develop the product.
• Work alongside the launch team to prepare products for market.
• Collect product feedback from customers and the market.
• Cooperate with experts at regulatory authorities to understand their requirements.
• Be the go-to-person for product- and service-related questions for your product offerings.
Qualifications you will need to have:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, data science or similar.
• Extensive experience developing a software-based product and/or SaaS solutions.
• Experience working within agile settings and understanding of/familiarity with system engineering concepts, business model canvas and product canvas tools, and concepts such as “minimum viable product” and “viable product”.
• Experience of planning processes and product launches.
Qualities we would like you to have:
• Exceptional communication skills: an ability to inspire and motivate the people around you, as well as listen, interpret and convey information based on customers’ needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build credibility with demanding stakeholders, securing buy-in internally while adapting the value message to customers.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The creativity to develop solutions and product innovations in response to internal and external stakeholders’ feedback.
• A commercial and service-minded approach to supporting our customers.
• Commitment, drive, and team spirit.
It’s an advantage if you have:
• Experience of the pharmaceutical/CRO/life science industry or similar.
• Experience, knowledge or interest in AI.
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
• Other languages besides English.
We will process applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible. The position is full-time and requires you to be a citizen in the EU/EEA/Switzerland region or to have the legal right to work in Sweden. It is based at UMC’s offices in central Uppsala and begins with a trial period of six months. If you have questions about the position, contact our recruiting partner Line Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)721-88 52 44.
UMC follows a collective agreement. You can reach the union representatives by calling the UMC switchboard at +46 (0)18-65 60 60.
Peops Relations handles this recruitment on behalf of UMC. Click the link to access their website, where you can create a user login in order to submit your application.
Located in the heart of Uppsala, three minutes away from the central station, we are currently around 140 employees and consultants and have generous employee-benefit policies. In addition, UMC provides support for remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about our activities and products, visit www.who-umc.org.
UMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.