Building a global patient safety culture
Our vision is a world where all patients and health professionals make wise therapeutic decisions in their use of medicines.
Our mission is to support and promote patient safety through effective and global pharmacovigilance practice. This is achieved through the following activities:
- Providing independent and high quality medical reference sources globally
- Exploring the benefits and harm of medicines, advancing the science of pharmacovigilance
- Transforming medicine safety data into best practice
- Increasing pharmacovigilance knowledge and practice around the world
- Encouraging local and regional pharmacovigilance initiatives by opening access to adequate resources and providing tailor-made guidance
- Building partnerships that bring together resources, expertise, and a shared vision
- Turning knowledge into action by enabling stakeholders to identify issues, find answers, and drive change
- Pursuing technological change, developing communications capacity and ensuring that our sustainability is underpinned by secure funding.
Last modified on: June 7, 2019